From preparation to operation
When making decisions in the process of preparing and implementing an investment in the Czech Republic, foreign investors have the possibility to use the services of consulting firms connected with resolving various construction-technical and organisational issues. This pertains to both new construction projects and brownfields. The services are offered to foreign investors based on the service providers’ past experience gained particularly in the Czech Republic.
Investors are offered services consisting in collection and assessment of information required for making a decision on the given project’s location. This involves assessments of the following aspects:
- Proposed location of the structure with respect to urban development documentation and possible risks.
- Transportation infrastructure with respect to not only the implementation and operation of the structure, but also to accessibility for employees.
- Utilities networks, especially with respect to their long-term operability, quality, capacity and loading.
- Climatic conditions in relation to transport, energy intensity, operating costs and the scope of FM.
It is necessary to check the following:
- Quality of given building and its individual parts and the utilised construction materials from the perspective of the structure’s anticipated service life.
- Determination of the extent of the building’s compliance with the technical standards and regulations.
- Condition of equipment and the location of all necessary energy sources for flawless and economical operation.
- Condition of the fire-protection system and assurance of occupational safety.
Foreign investors commonly request this overview of analytical documents and information from consulting firms.
In this part of the project lifecycle, the project and cost management services are as follows:
- Recommendation regarding the specific professional competence of the project manager and management teams, with focus on thorough knowledge of the technical and organisational conditions of the construction process in the Czech Republic.
- Assessment of materials for selection of a general contractor alerting investors to risks that may arise. A technical audit of the documentation for selection of the contractor carried out by a consulting firm is extraordinarily beneficial for investors. Assistance with the actual selection and evaluation of bids is a natural part of the offered services.
- Management services with focus on the key milestones of the construction project, the basic links between the structural and technological works and a statement of significant risk areas. The process should be as follows:
The process of providing such technical due diligence services as described above is common practice and is always the result of the initial discussions and the requirements precisely formulated by the investor.